Marinated Portabello Mushrooms with Asiago
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 Large Portabello Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 Cup Asiago Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Breadcrumbs Zip some fresh bread in a food processor
- 1tbsp tbsp Finely chopped fresh Italian Parsley
- 1 dash Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- In a small bowl whisk marinade ingredients (first 6 listed) together
- Wipe mushrooms clean iwth a damp cloth or paper towel. Remove the stems.
- With a teaspoon carefully remove the gills from the musroom.
- Place the mushroom cap side up on a rimmed plate and brush with the marinade. Turn them over and brush the other side. Let stand for 15-20 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat up your grill to medium heat
- Grill the mushrooms gill side down until they begin to soften (about 4 minutes). Reserve some marinade for the next step.
- Brush the cap side with more of the marinade, then flip the mushroom cap
- Add Asiago cheese to each mushroom and cook for another 4 minutes
- During the last minute or so of cooking place the bread crumb mixture on top of each mushroom
- once things brown up a little bit – don't overcook – remove from grill and serve immediately.
Grill: Direct medium heat/350-450 Makes: 6 servings of delightful portabello mushrooms