The Best Beef Stew Ever
- Large Dutch oven
- Large mixing bowl
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 lbs stewing beef
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 lbs mini potatoes, quartered
- 3 carrots, halved and diced (large chunks)
- 1 fresh thyme
- 1 fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaf
- 3 cup beef broth
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, salt, and pepper together, toss with beef to coat evenly.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the butter in the dutch oven over medium heat. Brown the beef in batches, remove from the Dutch oven with a slotted spoon to ensure the juices are left behind
- Once all the beef is browned, add the remaining butter to the Dutch oven, add celery and onion, heat over medium heat stirring occasionally until softened.
- Return beef and any juices to the Dutch oven. Add potatoes, carrots, thyme, parsley, bay leaves, stir in broth and Worcestershire sauce, then bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, add tomato paste
- Cover and braise in the oven for about 45 mins.
- Uncover and continue to cook until veggies are tender. Then, stir in peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Skim any fat from the surface of the stew, remove any thyme sprigs and bay leaves.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.