The Best Beef Stew Ever
- Large Dutch Oven
- Large mixing bowl
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 3 lbs Stewing Beef
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 stalks Celery, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 lb mini potatoes, quartered
- 3 Carrots, diced and halved if larger chunks
- 1 Fresh Thyme
- 1 Fresh Parsley
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 3 cup Beef Broth
- 1/2 tsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl whisk flour, salt, and pepper together, toss with beef to coat evenly.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the butter in the dutch oven over medium heat. Brown the beef in batches, remove from the dutch oven with a slotted spoon to ensure the juices are left behind
- Once all the beef is browned add the remaining butter to the dutch oven, add celery and onion, heat over medium heat stirring occasionally until softened.
- Return beef and any juices to the dutch oven. Add Potatoes, carrots, thyme, parsley, bay leaves, stir in broth and worcestershire sauce, then bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, add tomato paste
- Cover and braise in the oven for about 45 mins.
- Uncover and continue to cook until veggies are tender. Then, stir in Peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Skim any fat from the surface of the stew, remove any thyme sprigs and bay leaves.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Optional ingredients: Mushrooms!